Saturday, April 4, 2009
2/3 cup finely chopped pecans
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each)
Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
1 can (17.5 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons sour cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9-inch glass pie plate with shortening, or spray with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Separate dough into 5 rolls; set icing aside. Unroll 1 roll into long strip of dough; reroll loosely and place in center of pie plate. Unroll second roll; loosely wrap around first roll, cinnamon side in. Replace any cinnamon that falls off. Repeat with remaining rolls, coiling dough in pie plate into spiral shape.
2. In small bowl, beat remaining ingredients except icing with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spoon cream cheese mixture into decorating bag with tip or gallon-size resealable food-storage plastic bag with 1/2-inch hole cut in bottom corner. With tip or corner of bag about halfway down into rolls, pipe mixture between strips of dough, starting at center and working to edge of pan, using all of mixture.
3. Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until center is thoroughly baked and edges are deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Meanwhile, remove cover from icing; microwave on Medium (50%) 10 to 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle.
4. Drizzle icing over warm coffee cake. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.
Prep Time:35 Min
Total Time:10 Hr 30 Min
3 to 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, salt and yeast; mix well.
2. In small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup applesauce, milk and 1/4 cup butter; cook over medium heat until very warm (120 to 130°F.), stirring constantly. Add warm mixture and egg to flour mixture; blend at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. By hand, stir in 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups flour until dough pulls cleanly away from sides of bowl.
3. On floured surface, knead in an additional 1/2 to 3/4 cup flour until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place dough in greased bowl; cover loosely with greased plastic wrap and cloth towel. Let rise in warm place (80 to 85°F.) until light and doubled in size, 45 to 60 minutes.
4. Grease 13x9-inch pan. Combine topping ingredients in pan; mix well. Spread evenly in pan.
5. On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 15x12-inch rectangle. Spread dough with 2 tablespoons butter. In small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle over butter.
6. Starting with 15-inch side, roll up tightly, pinching edges to seal. Cut roll into 12 slices; place cut side down over topping in pan. Cover; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
7. When ready to bake, let rolls stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Heat oven to 400°F. Uncover rolls; bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 1 minute; invert onto serving platter or tray. Scrape any remaining topping onto rolls. Serve warm.
Prep Time:15 Min
Total Time:30 Min
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
2. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate into 4 rectangles. Press each to 6x4-inch rectangle, pressing perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles. Press each to 6x4-inch rectangle.
3. Brush tops of 2 rectangles with melted butter; sprinkle with about half of the sugar mixture. Top each with remaining rectangle; press edges lightly. Brush tops with melted butter.
4. With sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle stack lengthwise into 6 strips. Twist each strip 3 times; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Brush tops with any remaining melted butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.